• Latest
  • Trending
  • All
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
Police Nab Three Female Suspected Kidnappers In Oyo

Police Arrest Seven Suspects Over Oyo National Park Attack

February 1, 2026
Lagos Warns Motorists Against Poor Handling of Number Plates

Lagos Penalizes 17 Residents ₦40,000 Each for Open Defecation, Urination

February 21, 2026
How I’ll Stay Financially Strong Despite TikTok Live Ban – Peller

Peller Shares Terrifying Moment As Fire Breaks Out In Lagos Home

February 21, 2026
Don’t Record Other Passengers Without Their Consent – FAAN Warns

Don’t Record Other Passengers Without Their Consent – FAAN Warns

February 21, 2026
Papaya Ex Speaks Out Over Alleged Police Assault in Lagos (VIDEO)

Papaya Ex Speaks Out Over Alleged Police Assault in Lagos (VIDEO)

February 21, 2026
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Adverts
Saturday, February 21, 2026
  • Login
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven
  • News
  • Dear Kemi
  • Intimacy
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Dear Kemi
  • Intimacy
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Metro

Police Arrest Seven Suspects Over Oyo National Park Attack

Ayobami Owolabi by Ayobami Owolabi
3 weeks ago
in Metro
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Police Nab Three Female Suspected Kidnappers In Oyo
491
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Oyo State Police Command has apprehended seven members of a 10-man armed gang believed to be behind the January 6 attack on forest rangers at Old Oyo National Park, an incident that left five people dead.

Ayanlade Olayinka, the command’s public relations officer, described the arrests as a “significant operational breakthrough” in a statement issued on Saturday.

He said the suspects include the alleged ringleader of the violent assault, which took place in the Oloka area of Orire LGA.

“As earlier reported, the incident occurred on 6th January, 2026, at about 2100 hours, when the armed bandits, who reportedly arrived in large numbers on motorcycles and were armed with sophisticated firearms, invaded the Old Oyo National Park office and launched a violent attack on forest rangers and other personnel. The attack tragically resulted in the death of five (5) persons,” Olayinka said.

He added that following the attack, Femi Haruna, the Oyo State Commissioner of Police, ordered immediate deployment of operational assets to the area and directed the command monitoring unit to take over the investigation.

“This directive marked the commencement of an intensive, intelligence-driven operation, which led to the initial arrest of three (3) suspects, followed by the subsequent arrest of four (4) additional suspects,” Olayinka stated.

The first three individuals arrested were Mohammed Dangi, 52; Abubakar Abdullahi; and Sheu Usman. During questioning, they admitted involvement in the attack and provided detailed accounts of how ten members of their gang, riding five motorcycles, carried out the assault.

“Crucially, investigations revealed that the primary intention of the assailants was to forcefully free members of their armed banditry syndicate who had earlier been arrested and were in the custody of forest guards… which they successfully did during the attack,” Olayinka said.

READ ALSO:

  • Lagos Penalizes 17 Residents ₦40,000 Each for Open Defecation, Urination
  • Peller Shares Terrifying Moment As Fire Breaks Out In Lagos Home
  • Don’t Record Other Passengers Without Their Consent – FAAN Warns
  • Papaya Ex Speaks Out Over Alleged Police Assault in Lagos (VIDEO)
  • Trump Rejects Supreme Court Ruling That Overturned Global Tariffs on Nigeria, 184 Other Countries

Further investigations led to the arrest of four more suspects on January 25. They were identified as Toro Malami, 43; Usman Alhaji Ummaru; Laolo Muhammadu, 22; and Usman Alhaji Isah, 32.

Olayinka noted that the suspects have continued to provide “credible and actionable intelligence” to assist in apprehending the remaining gang members.

“Operatives of the Command Monitoring Unit, in collaboration with other security agencies, are intensifying efforts to ensure that all remaining suspects are tracked down and brought to justice,” he said.

He reassured residents that the command remains committed to protecting lives and property across Oyo State, urging the public to avoid spreading unverified information that could cause panic.

“The Oyo State Police Command states unequivocally that Oyo State will never be allowed to serve as a safe haven for criminal elements,” Olayinka added.

Tags: Oyo Police
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven

Copyright © 2024 Kemi Ashefon Love Haven.

Navigate Site

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Contact Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Contact Us

Copyright © 2024 Kemi Ashefon Love Haven.