• Latest
  • Trending
  • All
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
Wike Warns Workers Following Court’s Order to End FCTA Strike

Wike Warns Workers Following Court’s Order to End FCTA Strike

January 28, 2026
Dele Momodu Confirms Behind-the-Scenes Efforts To Resolve Sophia Momodu, Davido Clash

Dele Momodu Confirms Behind-the-Scenes Efforts To Resolve Sophia Momodu, Davido Clash

February 19, 2026
Lagos Seeks Public Help To Locate TikTok User Who Alleges Rape

Ogun Police Deny Arrest Of TikToker Mirabel Amid Assault Claims

February 19, 2026
Tinubu Signs Electoral Act Bill Into Law Ahead of 2027 Elections

Tinubu Signs Electoral Act Bill Into Law Ahead of 2027 Elections

February 19, 2026
BREAKING: El-Rufai Charged By FG Over Alleged NSA Phone Interception

Why ICPC Is Holding El-Rufai — What We Know So Far

February 19, 2026
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Adverts
Thursday, February 19, 2026
  • Login
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven
  • News
  • Dear Kemi
  • Intimacy
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Dear Kemi
  • Intimacy
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

Wike Warns Workers Following Court’s Order to End FCTA Strike

Ayobami Owolabi by Ayobami Owolabi
3 weeks ago
in News
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
Wike Warns Workers Following Court’s Order to End FCTA Strike
491
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, on Tuesday directed striking staff of the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) to immediately resume work, following a National Industrial Court ruling that prohibited the ongoing strike, which has disrupted public services in Abuja for over a week.

Speaking to journalists after the court’s decision, Wike emphasised the importance of upholding the law and accused political actors of exploiting the industrial action for motives unrelated to workers’ welfare.

“The administration was already in the process of mediation when some politicians hijacked the strike,” he said, describing several of the workers’ demands as “frivolous” or already addressed.

The minister added that the FCTA approached the court after determining that the strike had been politicised, despite ongoing dialogue and attention to a substantial number of workers’ concerns. He highlighted the government’s efforts to support staff welfare, including salary payments and civil service reforms.

Wike revealed that more than N12bn had recently been approved for January salaries, noting this as proof of the administration’s commitment to its workforce. He also pointed to improved internally generated revenue, stating that the FCT had collected over N30bn under his leadership—a notable increase compared with previous years.

Urging workers to recognise reforms such as the establishment of the Civil Service Commission and infrastructure investments across the territory, Wike said, “Workers are largely responsible for the lack of development in states, including the FCT.”

The minister also dismissed rumours that he had been forced out of his office during the protests, clarifying, “I was never chased out of the office. I merely stepped out to see President Bola Tinubu off at the airport.”

Adopting a firm stance, Wike warned against further disruptions. “Anyone who dares to lock the gates again will be made a scapegoat, because the law must be obeyed.” He alleged that some senior civil service officials were sustaining the strike, but stressed this would not prevent the administration from pursuing the right course.

Wike explained that engagement between workers and management did not require personal access to him. “Seeing me in person is not a right,” he said, noting that workers’ representatives had been involved in ongoing discussions throughout the dispute.

READ ALSO:

  • Dele Momodu Confirms Behind-the-Scenes Efforts To Resolve Sophia Momodu, Davido Clash
  • Ogun Police Deny Arrest Of TikToker Mirabel Amid Assault Claims
  • Tinubu Signs Electoral Act Bill Into Law Ahead of 2027 Elections
  • Why ICPC Is Holding El-Rufai — What We Know So Far
  • How Love, Teamwork Sustained My Marriage Despite Earning More Than My Husband For 13 Years – Ibukun Awosika

The strike, initiated by workers under the Joint Union Action Committee (JUAC) on January 19 over unresolved welfare concerns, was halted following an interlocutory injunction from the National Industrial Court on January 21. Justice E.D. Subilim granted the order, adjourned the substantive case to March 23, 2026, and ruled that workers’ right to strike is not absolute.

“The defendant’s right to an industrial action is not absolute, but as circumscribed by law,” the judge said. He barred the unions and their members from further strikes, picketing, or obstructing the operations of the FCTA pending the resolution of the dispute.

Counsel for the claimants, James Onoja (SAN), commended the ruling, urging the unions to respect the court order and allow room for mediation. “We commend the court for making an order for the stopping of the strike… Our plea to the Union is that they should allow industrial harmony. They should go back to work and allow for mediation,” he said.

Respondents’ counsel, Maxwell Opara, also urged compliance, describing the workers as law-abiding citizens. “The workers are law-abiding citizens. We are going to advise them to respect the court. The one good thing is that the court has also mandated that we commence mediation… we must comply with it,” he said.

JUAC President Rifkatu Iortyer confirmed that the unions would comply with the court order and return to work while continuing to advocate for their remaining demands. “We are law-abiding citizens, and because they have said we should return to work, we are returning to work, pending our next appearance,” she stated.

The directive signals a new enforcement phase as the FCTA moves to restore full public services in the nation’s capital.

Tags: Nyesom Wike
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven

Copyright © 2024 Kemi Ashefon Love Haven.

Navigate Site

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Contact Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Contact Us

Copyright © 2024 Kemi Ashefon Love Haven.