The Lagos Domestic and Sexual Violence Agency (DSVA) has appealed to the public for assistance in locating a TikTok user who recently shared that she was allegedly raped in her apartment by a stranger.
In a statement posted on its official social media accounts on Tuesday, the agency confirmed that it is actively trying to contact the survivor amid widespread concern online.
The case went viral after the survivor, identified as Mirabel (@mirab351 on TikTok), recounted the assault, which reportedly occurred on Sunday, February 15. Her video sparked the hashtag #StopRapingWomen on X (formerly Twitter), with thousands calling for urgent action against sexual violence and better protection for survivors.
Mirabel described the attack in detail, saying she had been drinking to sleep around 6 a.m. and heard knocks at 9 a.m. “I thought it was my neighbour… immediately I opened the door, I got pushed back, I hit my head on the fridge and passed out,” she recounted.
She added, “There is a man over me, there is cloth stuffed in my mouth, I was just there mumbling… Later, he left. I was bleeding… He used a face blade to cut me.”
According to the survivor, the suspect, who identified himself as “Priston,” sent her a message confessing to the attack and describing it in graphic detail. He also threatened her, claiming, “My father has the money to bury the case right before it gets to court… You can’t find me, and you don’t even have the money… I love you, don’t see me as a bad person, okay, you turned me down twice.”
In a follow-up video on Tuesday, a tearful Mirabel disclosed that she had attempted suicide by drinking Sniper toxin but was saved by a friend who rushed her to the hospital. “I am too tired, I can’t respond to the message. I will respond when I get better, thank you,” she said.
READ ALSO:
- Lagos Seeks Public Help To Locate TikTok User Who Alleges Rape
- I’m Building My Music Career Without Relying on Dad’s Wealth – Raheem Okoya (Video)
- Sanwo-Olu Welcomes Spelling Bee Champion as Lagos One-Day Governor
- Lagos Govt: Court Ruling On VIOs In Abuja Does Not Affect Operations In Lagos
- Ex-Falcons Keeper Dede Shares Joy Over Sister’s Quadruplets
The Lagos DSVA emphasised its commitment to supporting the survivor. “We are actively making efforts to reach the survivor to offer immediate support and appropriate intervention, and ascertain her location,” the agency stated. It called on the public to help, urging anyone with credible information to contact the agency via direct message on its official social media channels.
The agency reaffirmed that the Lagos State Government remains committed to protecting survivors, saying, “Sexual assault is a crime, and every survivor deserves protection, care, support and justice. Reports are treated with utmost confidentiality and urgency.”
DSVA also provided contact channels for those seeking help or wishing to report cases, including phone numbers 0813-796-0048 and 0-8000-333-333, USSD *6820# (MTN), WhatsApp 0812-893-7058, and its official website.
The incident follows a similar case earlier in February, when another TikTok user, Fems (@femsbaby_x), reported being raped after a modelling shoot. She later received guidance and legal assistance, and her case is now being seriously investigated.
Reacting to both incidents, Lagos State Police Command spokesperson SP Abimbola Adebisi said the posts had been forwarded to the Command’s Gender Unit. “I have also reached out to her through her TikTok handle. I sincerely hope she responds so as to assist the Police in conducting a thorough investigation,” he stated.
This case has reignited calls for stronger enforcement and protection measures against sexual assault in Lagos, especially on social media platforms where survivors often share their experiences.





