• Latest
  • Trending
  • All
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
Anthony Joshua Crash: Driver Arraigned for Manslaughter as Court Fixes Jan 20 Hearing

Anthony Joshua Escapes Death By Seat Swap Before Fatal Crash – Driver Spills

January 3, 2026
Lagos Warns Motorists Against Poor Handling of Number Plates

Lagos Penalizes 17 Residents ₦40,000 Each for Open Defecation, Urination

February 21, 2026
How I’ll Stay Financially Strong Despite TikTok Live Ban – Peller

Peller Shares Terrifying Moment As Fire Breaks Out In Lagos Home

February 21, 2026
Don’t Record Other Passengers Without Their Consent – FAAN Warns

Don’t Record Other Passengers Without Their Consent – FAAN Warns

February 21, 2026
Papaya Ex Speaks Out Over Alleged Police Assault in Lagos (VIDEO)

Papaya Ex Speaks Out Over Alleged Police Assault in Lagos (VIDEO)

February 21, 2026
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Adverts
Saturday, February 21, 2026
  • Login
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven
  • News
  • Dear Kemi
  • Intimacy
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Dear Kemi
  • Intimacy
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Metro

Anthony Joshua Escapes Death By Seat Swap Before Fatal Crash – Driver Spills

Ayobami Owolabi by Ayobami Owolabi
2 months ago
in Metro
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
Anthony Joshua Crash: Driver Arraigned for Manslaughter as Court Fixes Jan 20 Hearing
491
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

A shocking twist revealed that Anthony Joshua narrowly avoided death moments before the car crash that claimed the lives of two of his friends, according to the UK’s Daily Mail.

The former World Heavyweight Boxing Champion, 36, reportedly swapped seats from the front to the back of the SUV just hours before the accident, which killed Sani Ghami and Latif Adeyole shortly after their arrival in Nigeria for a holiday.

Joshua’s driver, Kayode Adeniyi, 47, appeared in court on Friday, where he pleaded not guilty to charges including dangerous driving. Dressed in a black Muslim kaftan, Adeniyi maintained his innocence, claiming brake failure as the cause of the accident.

“My client has pleaded not guilty and what happened was an accident, I haven’t had a full chance to speak with him yet, but I know he is saying the brakes did not work,” said his lawyer, Olalekan Abiodun.

READ ALSO:

  • Lagos Penalizes 17 Residents ₦40,000 Each for Open Defecation, Urination
  • Peller Shares Terrifying Moment As Fire Breaks Out In Lagos Home
  • Don’t Record Other Passengers Without Their Consent – FAAN Warns
  • Papaya Ex Speaks Out Over Alleged Police Assault in Lagos (VIDEO)
  • Trump Rejects Supreme Court Ruling That Overturned Global Tariffs on Nigeria, 184 Other Countries

Abiodun added that the journey began in Lagos, and initially, Joshua had been in the front seat, but the driver asked him to swap seats because his large frame obstructed the wing mirror. The seat Joshua moved to later became the point of impact during the crash.

Outside court, Adeniyi’s family expressed shock and grief. His 19-year-old son, Ifeoluwa, told the Daily Mail:

“The family is very upset by what’s happened and we are sorry for the deaths of the two people. Dad is not a fast driver, he was following the speed limit and then the brakes failed, he said he was pushing the pedal, but nothing was happening.

“He tries to swerve and avoid the truck parked by the side of the road but hit it. He’s been driving for Anthony for three years, he’s a good driver.

“I know that when the journey started in Lagos, Anthony was sitting in the front by the driver but my dad asked him to sit behind because he was blocking his view. He was taking Anthony to see his family in Sagamu and had picked them up from the airport. They were only a few minutes from arriving.

“It’s not his fault, if the truck hadn’t parked there illegally, this wouldn’t have happened.”

Adeniyi was arraigned before Chief Magistrate Jumoke Somefun of Court 1 on four counts: dangerous driving, reckless and negligent driving, driving without due care and attention, and driving without a valid National Driver’s Licence.

The prosecution cited Sections 5(1), 6(1), 7(1), and 10(1) of the Federal Highway Act, Cap F:135, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004, as applicable in Ogun State.

The magistrate granted Adeniyi bail of N5 million with two sureties in like sum. However, he was unable to meet the conditions and was remanded at Sagamu Correctional Centre pending the completion of the bail process. The case has been adjourned to January 20, 2026, for trial.

Tags: Anthony Joshua
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven

Copyright © 2024 Kemi Ashefon Love Haven.

Navigate Site

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Contact Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Contact Us

Copyright © 2024 Kemi Ashefon Love Haven.