• Latest
  • Trending
  • All
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
Osogbo Tension: Man Shot Dead After Suspected Thugs Clash With Davido’s Security Team

Osogbo Tension: Man Shot Dead After Suspected Thugs Clash With Davido’s Security Team

August 20, 2026
Shell Reinforces Safety Commitment at CEO Contractors Forum

Shell Reinforces Safety Commitment at CEO Contractors Forum

August 20, 2026
Dangote Refinery Could Not Have Survived Under Petrol Subsidy Regime — Oyedele

Dangote Refinery Could Not Have Survived Under Petrol Subsidy Regime — Oyedele

August 20, 2026
Adeleke Receives Certificate Of Return, Announces N500m Fund For Election Violence Victims

Adeleke Receives Certificate Of Return, Announces N500m Fund For Election Violence Victims

August 20, 2026
FCT Police Arrest 40 Suspects Over Traffic Robbery, Kidnapping

FCT Police Arrest 40 Suspects Over Traffic Robbery, Kidnapping

August 20, 2026
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Adverts
Thursday, August 20, 2026
  • Login
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven
  • News
  • Dear Kemi
  • Intimacy
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Dear Kemi
  • Intimacy
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Metro

Osogbo Tension: Man Shot Dead After Suspected Thugs Clash With Davido’s Security Team

Ayobami Owolabi by Ayobami Owolabi
9 minutes ago
in Metro
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
Osogbo Tension: Man Shot Dead After Suspected Thugs Clash With Davido’s Security Team
491
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Osun State Police Command has confirmed the death of a 60-year-old man following a shooting in Osogbo shortly after suspected hoodlums allegedly attempted to approach Nigerian singer David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, during a visit to the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo.

The incident occurred on Wednesday after Davido accompanied his uncle, Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke, to the palace of Oba Jimoh Olanipekun.

The governor had visited the monarch to present his certificate of return after emerging victorious in the August 15 governorship election.

According to the police, the governor arrived at the palace at about 3:15pm with a convoy of approximately 20 vehicles.

Earlier reports indicated that suspected hoodlums opened fire around the governor’s convoy, leading to an exchange of gunfire with security personnel. The confrontation reportedly lasted between 12 and 15 minutes.

In a statement issued on Wednesday evening, Osun Police Public Relations Officer, Abiodun Ojelabi, said the victim, identified as Tajudeen Yusuf from the Oke-Ayepe area of Osogbo, was shot in the Itaolokan area.

“On Wednesday, 19th August 2026, at about 1600hrs, the Command received information that one Tajudeen Yusuf, male, aged 60 years, of Oke-Ayepe area, Osogbo, was shot by suspected hoodlums at Itaolokan area of Osogbo,” the statement reads.

Ojelabi said preliminary findings showed that Adeleke had earlier visited the palace alongside Davido when an individual identified as Adebayo Taoreed, also known as “Small Rugged”, allegedly attempted to gain access to the singer.

“Preliminary investigation revealed that earlier in the day, His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Osun State, Senator Ademola Adeleke, accompanied by his nephew, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, paid a courtesy visit to the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Olanipekun, at the palace.

“Immediately after the visit, one Adebayo Taoreed, popularly known as ‘Small Rugged’, an ex-convict, a suspected notorious thug and a member of eye confraternity allegedly attempted to gain access to Davido but was resisted by members of his security Team.”

READ ALSO:

  • Shell Reinforces Safety Commitment at CEO Contractors Forum
  • Dangote Refinery Could Not Have Survived Under Petrol Subsidy Regime — Oyedele
  • Adeleke Receives Certificate Of Return, Announces N500m Fund For Election Violence Victims
  • FCT Police Arrest 40 Suspects Over Traffic Robbery, Kidnapping
  • Osogbo Tension: Man Shot Dead After Suspected Thugs Clash With Davido’s Security Team

The police said the confrontation reportedly drew other suspected gang members to the area, resulting in a temporary obstruction of movement around the palace.

According to Ojelabi, the governor’s convoy eventually departed safely, while the suspected gang members later left the area.

He alleged that the suspects shot Yusuf while leaving the vicinity.

“Upon receiving the information, the police immediately mobilised a patrol team to the scene, where the victim was found lying in a pool of blood,” Ojelabi said.

“He was promptly rushed to the University Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, for medical attention. Unfortunately, he was pronounced dead by the doctors on duty.”

The police spokesman said the command had commenced a full investigation and was working to identify and arrest those allegedly responsible for the killing.

“The Command has commenced a full-scale investigation into the incident and intensified efforts to identify, apprehend and bring the fleeing suspects to justice,” he added.

The Commissioner of Police in charge of elections in Osun State, Samuel Etaifo, condemned the killing as a “dastardly act” and assured residents that the police would deploy all available resources to apprehend the perpetrators.

The command also appealed to anyone with useful information about the incident to report to the nearest police station or contact the police through its official communication channels.

Tags: DavidoOsun State
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven

Copyright © 2024 Kemi Ashefon Love Haven.

Navigate Site

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Contact Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Contact Us

Copyright © 2024 Kemi Ashefon Love Haven.