Entertainer turned politician, Banky W, has threatened to take legal action over allegation he collected N57million to do public relations for President Muhammadu Buhari.
The Modern Democratic Party (MDP) candidate for the Eti-Osa constituency in the House of Representatives made the threat in a series of Twitter posts on Saturday.
Banky had earlier declared the suspension of Chief Justice Walter Onnoghen as unconstitutional but went on to say the head of the Supreme Court should not have the power to postpone or prevent the (National Judicial Council) from meeting to possibly suspend him.
His intervention in the constitutional crisis involving President Buhari and Justice Onnoghen met negative reactions from critics of the government.
A particular Twitter user, identified as Miriam Shehu, accused the singer of converting his Empire Mates Entertainment (EME) to a PR firm that got a N57million contract to promote Buhari.
She even claimed to have a picture of Banky and his wife, Adesua Etomi, travelling to Abuja to sign the contract.
Declaring the accusation as completely false, the 37-year-old said he “can’t spend time engaging in a Twitter war with people who clearly don’t care about facts and truth.”
Instead, he said he has called his lawyers, and sent screenshots of the “latest lies and slander” used against him.
“I hope the people who posted them are prepared to provide PROOF in court,” he tweeted.