The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, on Sunday directed Kayode Egbetokun, the former chief security officer of ex-Lagos State Governor, Bola Tinubu, to take over from Edgal Imohimi as Lagos State commissioner of police in acting capacity.
Here are 10 things to know about Egbetokun
1. Egbetokun was born on September 4, 1964 in Erinja, Yewa South local government area of Ogun State.
2. He enlisted into the Nigeria Police Force on March 3, 1990, as a Cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police.
3. He had his initial Cadet training in the Nigeria Police Academy, and has attended many other courses within and outside the Police Force.
4. He has worked in several Police commands and formations across the country and held command positions at various times in his career spanning 26 years.
5. As a Deputy Superintendent of Police in 1999, he was appointed the Chief Security Officer to the then Governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu. In that capacity, he coordinated the security of the entire state while reporting to the governor.
6. He has served as the Commander, Rapid Response Squad (RRS), Lagos; Squadron Commander, Mopol 5, Benin, Benin City; Officer-in-Charge, Anti-Fraud Unit, FCT Command, Abuja; Chief Superintendent of Police, Administration, Lagos State Command Head Quarters, Ikeja; Area Commander, Osogbo, Osun State Command; and Area Commander, Gusau, Zamfara State Command among several others.
7. He graduated from the University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos, with Bachelor of Science degree (BSC) in Mathematics in June 1987.
8. He lectured Mathematics briefly at Yaba College of Technology, Lagos, before his enlistment into the Police Force.
9. His other academic qualifications include MSC Engineering Analysis, also from the University of Lagos, Akoka, 1996; PGD in Petroleum Economics from Delta State University, Abraka, 2000; and an MBA from Lagos State University, Ojo, 2004.
10. Egbetokun is married with children.