How Our Mother Died…Not By Candle Fire—Jimoh Ibrahim’s Brother

Omofemiwa Ibrahim, mother of billionaire businessman, Jimoh Ibrahim, died from family mismanagement, one of her children, Dipo, has said.
Several media had reported on Saturday that she died from fire started out by candle light.
Mr Dipo, who released a brief statement on the incident on Sunday, denied that the deceased was killed by candle fire.
Dipo, however, said he would release a detailed statement later.
“Dipo Jimoh (last born and the closest son of the late mother — Mrs. Theresa Jimoh), who recently graduated from Columbia University and the MD/CEO of Barama Energy Resources, has denounced the root cause of his mother’s death as a result of candle fire and also that her remains were deposited in a morgue by Lagos State Emergency Management Agency.
“Dipo has promised to face any heavyweight individual or group who plans to misinterpret or confuse the populace about the root cause of his mother’s death.
“My mother died as a result of family complications and mismanagement,” the statement read.
The mother of billionaire businessman, Jimoh Ibrahim, was said to have died in a fire accident at her Victoria Garden City (VGC) residence in the early hours of last Saturday.
The septuagenarian was pronounced dead at the scene and her corpse was deposited at the morgue.
Madam Ibrahim moved to VGC to be close to her billionaire son after she was released by kidnappers in 2011.
She was kidnapped in Igbotako, Ondo State and released in Sapele, Delta State after her family paid millions of naira as ransom.
Mr Ibrahim now lives in Dubai.

507
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS

IN THE NEWS