• Latest
  • Trending
  • All
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
DHQ: Oyo School Attack Isolated, No Terrorist Base In South-West Forests

DHQ: Oyo School Attack Isolated, No Terrorist Base In South-West Forests

May 20, 2026
Killings, Insecurity And Moral Decline Threatening Nigeria — Jonathan

Turaki Group Endorses Jonathan, Grants Waiver For 2027 Presidency

May 20, 2026
Lagos APC Aspirant Samuel Ajose Withdraws From 2027 Race, Endorses Hamzat

Lagos APC Aspirant Samuel Ajose Withdraws From 2027 Race, Endorses Hamzat

May 20, 2026
FirstBank, Visa Expand Premium Card Portfolio with Visa Signature Launch

FirstBank, Visa Expand Premium Card Portfolio with Visa Signature Launch

May 19, 2026
FirstBank, Visa Launch Naira Visa Debit Card to Accelerate Nigeria’s Cashless Payments Drive

FirstBank, Visa Launch Naira Visa Debit Card to Accelerate Nigeria’s Cashless Payments Drive

May 19, 2026
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Adverts
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
  • Login
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven
  • News
  • Dear Kemi
  • Intimacy
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Dear Kemi
  • Intimacy
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

DHQ: Oyo School Attack Isolated, No Terrorist Base In South-West Forests

Ayobami Owolabi by Ayobami Owolabi
1 minute ago
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
DHQ: Oyo School Attack Isolated, No Terrorist Base In South-West Forests
491
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has described the recent attacks in Oyo State as isolated criminal incidents, insisting that they do not indicate the existence of any organised terrorist network in the South-West region.

In a statement issued on Tuesday, the Director of Defence Media Operations, Michael Onoja, said military operations conducted earlier in the Old Oyo National Park had already disrupted and weakened criminal groups previously operating in the area.

The clarification comes after armed men attacked Baptist Nursery and Primary School, Yawota; Community Grammar School, Esiele; and LA Primary School in Ogbomoso, all located in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State.

During the incident, two people were killed, while about 45 pupils, alongside a school principal and several teachers, were abducted. One of the kidnapped teachers was later killed while in captivity.

However, Onoja said intelligence reports do not support claims that terrorist groups have established permanent bases in forests or remote areas of the South-West.

“It is pertinent to state that the incident was an isolated criminal act and does not reflect the existence of any entrenched terrorist structure in the region, as the Armed Forces had earlier conducted a comprehensive clearance operation of the Old Oyo National Park, effectively neutralising the operational capacity of criminal elements within that corridor,” the statement reads.

He added that current intelligence findings do not suggest any structured insurgent presence in the region.

“Current intelligence assessments do not support the conclusion that any structured or permanent terrorist base exists within the forests or hinterlands of the South West region.

“Criminal elements, however audacious their recent activities, do not constitute an established insurgent presence, and the defence headquarters cautions against narratives that may cause unnecessary public panic or embolden adversaries by overstating their capabilities.”

Onoja also assured that the military remains committed to securing the release of the abducted victims and restoring peace in the affected communities.

READ ALSO:

  • DHQ: Oyo School Attack Isolated, No Terrorist Base In South-West Forests
  • Turaki Group Endorses Jonathan, Grants Waiver For 2027 Presidency
  • Lagos APC Aspirant Samuel Ajose Withdraws From 2027 Race, Endorses Hamzat
  • FirstBank, Visa Expand Premium Card Portfolio with Visa Signature Launch
  • FirstBank, Visa Launch Naira Visa Debit Card to Accelerate Nigeria’s Cashless Payments Drive

He said ongoing search-and-rescue operations are being carried out across forest areas in collaboration with other security agencies and local vigilante groups.

“The joint effort with all security agencies and local vigilantes will ensure that the forest is thoroughly cleared of criminal elements and that lasting peace is restored to the region,” he said.

“The Armed Forces of Nigeria will not relent until every abducted victim is safely recovered, the criminal networks responsible are dismantled, and normalcy is fully restored across the South West and indeed all of Nigeria.”

Tags: KidnappingOyo State
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven

Copyright © 2024 Kemi Ashefon Love Haven.

Navigate Site

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Contact Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Contact Us

Copyright © 2024 Kemi Ashefon Love Haven.