Manchester United are thinking of ways they can terminate Cristiano Ronaldo’s contract at the club following his interview with Piers Morgan. United aren’t interested in giving him a pay-off and as things stands, Ronaldo might have played his last game for the club. The player and club could part ways. We really hope a resolution can be reached soon as it is clear Ronaldo might never play for the club again.
Ronaldo’s interview with Piers Morgan is in two parts on Wednesday and Thursday. According to Morgan, he confirmed Ronaldo was the one who initiated the interview. The United star criticised the club and manager Erik ten Hag, who the player says he has “no respect” for. What could really be the reason for Ronaldo’s outburst? In the interview Ronaldo also claimed members of the United hierarchy trying to force him out of Old Trafford and doubted him when he said he could not attend pre-season because his daughter was ill in hospital.
Man-United released a statement claiming they would consider their response to Ronaldo’s comments “after the full facts have been established” and released a short statement on Friday announcing the club had “initiated appropriate steps”.
These are some notable key quotes Ronaldo said in his full interview:
- ‘I feel betrayed by Man Utd | I have no respect for Erik ten Hag’
- ‘Man Utd doubted me over my sick daughter when I missed pre-season’
- ‘Glazer family don’t care about Man Utd | United have stopped on a clock’
- ‘Man City move was close but Sir Alex Ferguson changed everything’
- ‘Youngsters don’t care but Diogo Dalot and Lisandro Martinez are different’
- ‘Roy Keane is the best captain I ever had but Gary Neville and Wayne Rooney are not my friends’
- ‘I never saw Ralf Rangnick as the boss | Ole Gunnar Solskjaer did a good job’
- ‘I regret leaving Old Trafford vs Tottenham – I felt provoked’
- ‘I turned down €350m Saudi move | I don’t know if I’ll still be at Man Utd after World Cup’
- ‘I would be happy if Arsenal win the Premier League’
- ‘Lionel Messi is magic | I want to play until I’m 40’
While United have not put a time frame on the process but it is thought they want Ronaldo’s exit done “cleanly and quickly” and in as dignified a way as possible – not only to minimise distraction at Old Trafford, but also to show respect to Portugal during the World Cup.
We believe there is more to this interview. What are your thought towards Ronaldo’s interview? Tell us in the comment section.