Ebunoluwa Damini, aka Burna Boy, has opened up about the alleged shooting of two people by his police escort at a club in Lagos State.
The incident happened at the club located around Victoria Island on June 8. One of Burna Boy’s police escorts was said to have opened fire on Irebami Lawrence and Tolu, his friend.
The shooting was said to have occurred after the singer allegedly made a pass at a lady said to be Lawrence’s wife.
Usman Alkali Baba, the inspector-general of police (IGP), had earlier condemned the incident and ordered a probe into the shooting.
The police further revealed that the force would interrogate the singer.
Olumuyiwa Adejobi, the force spokesman, said there is no way the police can conduct a “detailed” investigation without interrogating the musician.
“Exactly what we will do. But there is no how the police want to have a detailed investigation without interrogating BB (Burna Boy). No way,”
But in a Twitter post on Wednesday, the singer said he is not shocked by the various social media reports linking him to the shooting.
In the cryptic post, the musician also said he would not be surprised to see claims he started Boko Haram on social media.
“Nigerian social media can say Burna Boy started Boko haram, e no go shock me”, he wrote.