Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke has directed the state Attorney-General to discontinue the legal action against the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over the freezing of a state government account.
Adeleke disclosed this during an interview with Channels Television on Sunday, shortly after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared him the winner of the Osun governorship election.
The governor said President Bola Tinubu had personally intervened in the dispute, prompting him to abandon the court case against the anti-graft agency.
“What else do I want? I’ve instructed my Attorney General to drop it. Mr President has done well; he called me. What more do I want?” Adeleke said.
The EFCC had imposed a Post No Debit restriction on an Osun government account while investigating the alleged mismanagement of about N11 billion in Ecology Funds, Intervention Funds and Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) allocations.
The commission said the restriction became necessary following what it described as “precipitate and unwarranted movement of funds” from the account to several corporate entities.
Adeleke had previously condemned the restriction and instructed the state Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice to challenge it in court, describing the EFCC’s action as illegal and politically motivated.
Commenting on reports that some of his supporters remained in EFCC custody, Adeleke said his legal team was already engaging with the commission.
READ ALSO:
- 2Baba To Perform Across UK, Ireland In New International Tour
- Laide Bakare Celebrates Adeleke’s Osun Re-Election
- Adeleke Orders Withdrawal Of EFCC Suit After Tinubu’s Intervention
- Adeleke Reaffirms Support For Tinubu’s 2027 Re-Election After Osun Victory
- Arsenal Cruise Past Man City 3-0 To Win 2026 Community Shield
“Well, we are… we’ve been talking, I’ve been calling all my lawyers to go there,” he said.
The governor also questioned why some of his aides, including his spokesperson, had been invited by the EFCC.
“Can you imagine my spokesperson? You are inviting my spokesperson to EFCC. Is my spokesperson a finance minister or accountant? So I told him, ‘Go,’” he said.
According to Adeleke, his aides honoured the invitations because they had nothing to conceal.
Despite his renewed support for Tinubu’s second-term bid in 2027, Adeleke said he had no plans to return to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Asked if he could rejoin the APC, the governor said, “As I’m talking to you right now, I’m not even thinking about that.”
He maintained that his political affiliation would not stop him from supporting the President.
“So, but that doesn’t mean that I cannot say support… Mr President,” he said.
Adeleke previously contested elections on the APC platform before moving to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and subsequently the Accord Party.
He also alleged that some people had been using Tinubu’s name while discussing the EFCC matter without the President’s knowledge.
Adeleke’s comments followed his victory over APC candidate Bola Oyebamiji in Saturday’s governorship election. The governor secured 511,067 votes, while Oyebamiji polled 444,815 votes, according to results declared by INEC.





