• Latest
  • Trending
  • All
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
Super Falcons Win 10th WAFCON Title

WAFCON Title: We’re Sorry—VON

July 28, 2025
Dele Momodu Confirms Behind-the-Scenes Efforts To Resolve Sophia Momodu, Davido Clash

Dele Momodu Confirms Behind-the-Scenes Efforts To Resolve Sophia Momodu, Davido Clash

February 19, 2026
Lagos Seeks Public Help To Locate TikTok User Who Alleges Rape

Ogun Police Deny Arrest Of TikToker Mirabel Amid Assault Claims

February 19, 2026
Tinubu Signs Electoral Act Bill Into Law Ahead of 2027 Elections

Tinubu Signs Electoral Act Bill Into Law Ahead of 2027 Elections

February 19, 2026
BREAKING: El-Rufai Charged By FG Over Alleged NSA Phone Interception

Why ICPC Is Holding El-Rufai — What We Know So Far

February 19, 2026
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Adverts
Thursday, February 19, 2026
  • Login
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven
  • News
  • Dear Kemi
  • Intimacy
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Dear Kemi
  • Intimacy
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Featured

WAFCON Title: We’re Sorry—VON

Kemi Ashefon by Kemi Ashefon
7 months ago
in Featured, News, Sport
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Super Falcons Win 10th WAFCON Title

Super Falcons win

491
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Voice of Nigeria tenders an apology over false reports on its airwaves that the Super Falcons lost to Morocco in WAFCON final

 

Voice of Nigeria (VON) has apologised to Nigerians and football fans across the globe following the publication of a false report claiming that Morocco defeated Nigeria to win the 2025 Women’s Africa Cup of Nations (WAFCON) title.

The controversial report, published on the evening of Saturday, erroneously stated that Morocco had won the tournament after a 2-0 victory over Nigeria, while the match was still ongoing.

In reality, the Super Falcons staged a stunning comeback to defeat hosts Morocco 3-2 and clinch a record-extending 10th WAFCON title.

Reacting to the backlash that followed the gaffe, the director general of VON, Jibrin Ndace, in a statement on Sunday, described the incident as “regrettable” and assured the public that the agency was investigating the matter thoroughly.

He said the false report was due to “an internal lapse” but added that the organisation is also probing the possibility of a cyberattack or identity theft through hacking.

“The erroneous report, which prematurely and falsely announced a Nigerian loss before the conclusion of the match, was both inaccurate and deeply unfortunate,” the statement read.

“As a public institution, we cannot rule out such cyber threats and are taking appropriate steps to enhance the security of our digital platforms.”

VON said it has initiated internal reforms, including the creation of an investigative desk, a fact-checking unit and a monitoring and evaluation team.

The agency has also carried out strategic staff redeployments to improve editorial accountability.

While distancing the incident from any single staff member, VON said it is reviewing editorial processes to ensure such errors never occur again.

The agency thanked Nigerians for their feedback and support, saying, “Accountability is not a burden, it is a cornerstone of public service.”

Tags: VON ApologisesWAFCON Title
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven

Copyright © 2024 Kemi Ashefon Love Haven.

Navigate Site

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Contact Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Contact Us

Copyright © 2024 Kemi Ashefon Love Haven.