• Latest
  • Trending
  • All
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
Presidency Denies Sacking Of INEC Chairman, Says Viral Report Is Fake

Presidency Denies Sacking Of INEC Chairman, Says Viral Report Is Fake

April 7, 2025
Lagos Warns Motorists Against Poor Handling of Number Plates

Lagos Penalizes 17 Residents ₦40,000 Each for Open Defecation, Urination

February 21, 2026
How I’ll Stay Financially Strong Despite TikTok Live Ban – Peller

Peller Shares Terrifying Moment As Fire Breaks Out In Lagos Home

February 21, 2026
Don’t Record Other Passengers Without Their Consent – FAAN Warns

Don’t Record Other Passengers Without Their Consent – FAAN Warns

February 21, 2026
Papaya Ex Speaks Out Over Alleged Police Assault in Lagos (VIDEO)

Papaya Ex Speaks Out Over Alleged Police Assault in Lagos (VIDEO)

February 21, 2026
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Adverts
Sunday, February 22, 2026
  • Login
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven
  • News
  • Dear Kemi
  • Intimacy
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Dear Kemi
  • Intimacy
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

Presidency Denies Sacking Of INEC Chairman, Says Viral Report Is Fake

Hassan Muhammed by Hassan Muhammed
11 months ago
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Presidency Denies Sacking Of INEC Chairman, Says Viral Report Is Fake
491
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Presidency has dismissed viral claims that President Bola Tinubu has removed the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Mahmood Yakubu.

Earlier on Monday, several reports circulated on social media, alleging that Yakubu had been sacked and replaced by a certain Professor Bashiru Olamilekan in what was described as a leadership overhaul.

However, President Tinubu’s Senior Special Adviser on Digital and New Media, O’tega Ogra, debunked the news. In a post shared on X (formerly Twitter), he described the information as fake and urged Nigerians to disregard it.

“Disregard any fake news making the rounds about the replacement of the INEC Chairman,” Ogra stated.

He further clarified that any official announcement regarding such a sensitive matter would come from the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) or another authorised channel.

As of now, there has been no official confirmation from the Presidency or any government agency regarding a change in the INEC leadership.

The rumour has since been flagged as misinformation, but it briefly stirred confusion across various platforms online.

Tags: INECPresidency
Kemi Ashefon Love Haven

Copyright © 2024 Kemi Ashefon Love Haven.

Navigate Site

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Contact Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Contact Us

Copyright © 2024 Kemi Ashefon Love Haven.